Wednesday, April 30, 2008

End of a long journey, beginning of another..


Hmm... Does this picture look familiar to you. Yeah you are right, its the voting ground set up in atrium for SRC election voting, and it has been there for the recent 3 days. I would say it looks like a maze, a labyrinth or even a fortress. The box situated in the centre area is our voting box, and the boards surrounding are pasted with infos of all the candidates, we spent quite some time setting up this place, so yeah worth a shot....

So finally, after so much efforts put in, we have come to the end of SRC election, vote counting will be done on friday and the much anticipated results, announced to IMU on monday.. All I wanted to say is thanks to all my friends, not just my friends but people who say good things bout me, people who gave constructive comments, people who voted for me and people who are willing to come out and vote!! And yeah, like what several candidates told me, all of them have given their all throughout these one hectic, physically and mentally taxing month, and it had been a great experience for all, so winning or not, it just doesn't matter that much anymore...

Spending time today removing everything in the atrium, removing all the posters just summed up our campaign. No matter who got elected, I feel the most important thing to do is to remember that IMU students are the one who put you in the office, and work hard to repay their trust, coz whoever make u, can also break u... So never take things for granted, appreciate what we got, be humble and serving people sincerely is what we need to do...

So back to the voting.... I was a volunteer in the SRC vote counting last year and got the chance to witness how professional Mahesh and co are in the whole process. All of us were required to draw our places in the hall to ensure random position, and was briefed about the whole process in a giant screen in Multi Purpose Hall. Votes from different batches were counted by different people to ensure no one knew bout the final actual result except SRC, which left everyone speculating and making guesses. Each person was given a form containing candidate names and alphabetical numbers in boxes. Each person is only require to count votes for one position, when we get a voting paper, we are required to tick the alphabetical number under the name of the person who is voted and pass the ballot paper to the person beside in charge of another position. Cheating and mistakes are almost impossible when the votes passed thru 3 rows which means recounted 3 times and if the number does not tally, recount will be conducted. At the end of the day, if the total votes of candidates are too close to each other, recount will be conducted again. I feel this system is effective and very professional, and I had a great time counting votes last year. Can't be a part of this year's counting though, wonder how will it turn out to be...

So good luck to all candidates, I knew clearly who I wanted to win and who I don't and results will be posted on this blog once I got it... D day is looming, EOS is less than 2 weeks away and I am ill prepared, if I get the position I need to make sure I get into Sem 4 in order to serve!! So expect some really workmanlike display from me in these 2 weeks, some desperate yet not so pressured last minute studying just to get the 40 marks I need to PASS. So wish me luck!!

No comments: