Sunday, April 27, 2008

Vote!!

I am writing this blog 3.oo a.m. monday morning, about 8 hours away from the official time where voting for SRC election 2008 starts. You might be wondering why am I not sleeping yet, hmm...2 reasons. First I went to celebrate a good friend plus ex-orientation groupmate's birthday party, a dinner plus birthday cake, then singing in E box till now, its kinda crazy fun so yeah, happy birthday Cheh Hsia!!

The second reason, I am here to post a shoutout to all IMU students, at least to whoever reading this blog. I am asking for everyone of you to vote, I need you all to vote, I want you to vote, I am begging you to practice your rights, whatever way you take it, just VOTE!! And Yes, I am talking to YOU!! It doesn't matter whoever you vote for, but SRC means Student Representative Council and as a student, we should have a say in who represent us...

Has been a really tiring weekend, friday night playing games till bout 2, manage to break the enemy's fountain, made history ( if you are a DOTA player you know what I am talking bout), the next day waking up at 5, having just slept 3 hours, travel to Seremban for Goodwill Games Table Tennis, thanks to Ramzi from M207 for the ride!! Lost the match but still managed a team gold thanks to my skillful teamates. We tried our best though but the match is a neck to neck, toe to toe fight and eventually we just lack a bit of quality, a bit of practice. But what I want to say here is, I believe you can't change the eventual outcome in life, but you can change the process, by giving our best in everything, thats the best we can do. The same happen to my Social Concerns Rep position in SRC, I can't guarantee anything fancy, but the only thing I can guarantee is 100 percent commitment and dedication and what happen after that, only God knows..

Right, today I am talking about how to vote, I mean how do you decide on who to vote. Here are some qualities that a candidate must possess if they were to get my vote:

1) Confident - You need to know what you are doing, if from the first second you think you will fail, you will never succeed.

2) Honest - Mistakes are inevitable, but stand up like a man, admitting your mistake and willing to work on it, not everyone can do that.

3) Friendly - You are representing the IMU population, if you can't even be nice to a normal student walking around, then I doubt you will do something to make their life better.

4) Dedicated - If you don't really want the job, then don't ask for it!!

5) Feasible manifestos - "Actions always speak louder than words". We don't need people who promise everything and deliver nothing

So what will your votes be based on??

One very interesting question some candidates are asked during Husting, though I didn't get that question.

" What are your three strengths and weaknesses??"
I would say I am a never say die person, whatever I do I fight till the last second without giving up. I put benefit of students ahead of anything coz I believe in justice. I value life, every second in it, and appreciate everything that I owned.

Hmm..weaknesses. I am a very stubborn person, I sometimes don't listen to advice, I am pretty rebelious, I once told that I am as stubborn as a rock. I do not really treat myself well as I always push myself to the extreme, like others say "if you can't take care of yourself, how do you take care of others?" And I sleep kinda lot, without 8 hours sleep per day, my mind still start getting heavy.

And what do I think bout our presidential candidate? He is a tough guy, he is successful and he is an unfamiliar figure to me somehow, it takes time to get to really know someone. So enuf said, vote wisely!!


2 comments:

WenYi said...

go go wei leun~
I voted addy^^ hehe...

weiluen said...

To wenyi: haha, thanks, but just maybe a bit wrong with the way u spell my name there :P