Monday, April 21, 2008

Husting Day Speech

Finally, the long awaited and dreaded husting day is here. Each candidate is required to give a 3 minutes speech and then will be questioned by current SRC members and audience. Thanks to all my friends for support and for those who do not have the chance to witness my speech, I can tell you that the atmosphere was amazing, I didn't get to record down my speech but here is exactly what I have spoken and hope u enjoy reading it:

"Good afternoon to all SRC members, ladies and gentleman. I am standing here not just as a candidate, but as a voice of all IMU students. Throughout my time in IMU I have witnessed problems suffered by my friends, and some of them, experienced by myself as well. And when there are problems existing, they must be fixed. Umbrellas in guard house, a guard outside IMU to control traffic, a miniclinic in IMU, these are necessary measures to protect safety and health of IMU students. Small changes, I believe, can make big difference.

Lets take a second and imagine we are in a country far far away as a student, alone without friends, struggling with culture shock, what would we do? This is the kind of helplessness suffered by international students in IMU. As friendly and helpful Malaysians, it is our duty to help them adapt and settle. Instead of letting them explore blindly, why don't we bring Malaysia to them, a tour around and a senior buddy is exactly what they need.

WE, medical students, will contribute directly to the community after graduating. To contribute, we first need to know what's happening around us. By actively promoting social events happening worldwide, enhancing the currently successful Charity Run and improving the charity home tutorial system, this open routes for us to help the needy and at the same time benefit by developing social awareness.

All of us here are IMU students, we study under the same roof so why need segregation when unity is strength? Instead of the usual everyday come to school and study routine, why not we get to know more friends, regardless of race, batch and course, just to make our life here more meaningful? IMU Unity Day, Freshie Interaction night, Friendship day and the interesting speed dating are proposed just to at least add more smiles in the faces of IMU students.

I do not need this job, I WANT IT, coz I believe i can make a difference, the job needs me, why? SImple, BECAUSE I CARE. Before I end the speech, I would like to dedicate this to all IMU students, coz no matter what happen (pause)

Sing : I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you, Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll...Stand.. BY.. YOU...

Thank You"



2 comments:

Unknown said...

ning dunno how to comment le...but ning noes that you will be a very dedicated src member...and that u'll fullfill ur manifesto.

it's our pleasure to give you our utmost support~! ^^

weiluen said...

To ning: haha...ur comment really cute, anyway thanks, sort of doubtful in fulfilling all my manifestos, but trying my best not to let anyone down