Thursday, May 8, 2008

Exams!!

(First ever blog that has nothing to do with SRC, and in case you are wondering...hmm nevermind just read)

Just can't resist the urge to break away from my study and talk about something that is in everyone's mind now, "EXAM". Its a dreaded word for some people, at least maybe for people like me, but some people just plainly look forward to nail it, which is never me.

First I just wanna say that no matter what you think, the fact is I am on the brink of failing my exam and only some last minute determined hardwork and probably some luck will save me. I admit that I screwed up this semester, all the busy activities, lecture skipping and going out too often took its toll on me and if I am in deep water now, its me who put myself into it. HOWEVER, in case you are feeling sorry for me you shouldn't coz there is a HOWEVER here. HOWEVER, I am writing this without any regret and still, with a smile on my face coz looking back I had lots of wonderful memories this sem and simply because, I am still enjoying every single second of my life as if nothing has happened.

I keep getting this sentence from all my friends throughout the week, " you are JPA scholar la, you are so clever la, you won't fail your exam one la, don't lie la I know you already finish studying" ,in a joking way of course. But the truth is, I have never been a clever person, I am a normal student as everyone and I work my way up for everything so the statements erhem... is not very true and I don't really make any effort to explain myself coz it will never work. I am REALLY REALLY surprised to see how exam can really change a person, I mean 360 degrees change, even for a really close friend, might just appear to be a total stranger to you during exam period, I just couldn't recognize who YOU are anymore... and the reasons I kept quiet when people discuss bout exam stuff during meals:

1) I have no idea what are they talking bout (sounds like some alien language to me)
2) Study plus food = bad digestion ( i have gastric problems)
3) When the food is in front of u, y not enjoy it? ( well i certainly focused on my food without knowing whats happening around me, making me look like an outcast)


Maybe my perception bout exam is different, I can take exam chillingly without caring bout the score or whatever, just by making sure I understand whatever I am studying. But the truth is, for the first time in my life I DON't understand whatever I am studying and that's quite disturbing. SO still clawing my way to the PASS. But I take exam as a really small part of my life, I always feel there is MORE TO LIFE than just studying for exam and trying to score, so, its a matter of how you view things I guess... I am not saying other people's thinking are wrong, just that I like my life the way it is, simple and enjoyable. Little little things make me happy, maybe just coz someone smiled at me, maybe seing people being happy is enough to make me happy for at least a few days. I get EMO pretty easy too for small things, just for few minutes, I guess I am a pretty emotional person after all :P

Just want you to know this blog is not aimed to take a swipe at someone, its not written sarcastically, not containing any hidden meaning, just writing out whatever is in my mind now... SO with a sincere heart, I wish all my friends happy studying for the next maybe 2 or 3 days, and don't, I really mean this, DON't be be stressed up coz no matter what happen you can only try your best and any worrying, sleepless nights won't make any difference. And good luck, if I had a bag of luck, I really won't mind distributing it around IMU, need some for myself though :P

This is a real long blog so if you managed to read till this sentence without browsing away, I should really give u a big HUG. THANKS :D

2 comments:

Qian said...

Hey, i m glad that u r not that kind that think that study is everything in ur life, with this personality, i think u really deserve to be our Social Rep!! I m glad i vote YES for u now...

Must study hard wor, wishing u all the BEST in EOS!!!

weiluen said...

To qian: hey thanks for the wishes, yes will work hard for it to make sure i can be in SRC next sem :P